Paprikas Specialty Sauce
Chicken paprikas is the famous Hungarian comfort food known for its mellow flavor, mild sweetness and rich creamy paprika/sour cream sauce. Traditionally served with chicken, other meals are made with veal, or beef and served over “Nokedli” (dumpling).
The chefs at Old World Foods have taken the time and effort out of preparing a creamy and delicious paprikas sauce. The Paprikas Specialty Sauce uses natural ingredients including chicken flavoring, Hungarian paprika, fresh onion, olive oil and real sour cream all blended together creating an authentic taste. After several years of thorough research and development including customer tastings, the chefs at Old World Foods succeeded in developing a multipurpose, old world flavored paprikas sauce.
Simple and Versatile
Old World Foods Paprikas Specialty Sauce is a complete sauce, ready to heat and enhance many different dishes. This easy to cook sauce can be quickly heated in a sauce pan then added to cooked chicken or other meat. A meal that normally would take hours to prepare is ready in minutes. Since it is frozen, you can enjoy it at any time in a variety of ways. Serving options are never-ending for the creative chef who can use Old World Foods Paprikas Specialty Sauce in main dishes, side dishes or appetizers.
Since the Old World Foods Paprikas Specialty Sauce is precooked it is only necessary to heat thoroughly (do not thaw in microwave or boil). Heating options include:
- Stove Top – Simply thaw and heat in a sauce pan on medium heat then add cooked chicken or other meat. This process will allow the flavors to blend and seal the savory, authentic Hungarian taste with the meat.
- Oven - Heat oven to 350o. Place thawed sauce and your choice of cooked chicken or other meat in uncovered 2 quart casserole dish and bake for approximately 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Microwave – Place thawed sauce and your choice of cooked chicken or other meat in covered 2 quart microwave safe casserole dish and cook for approximately 3-5 minutes on high. Heating time will vary depending on power of microwave, therefore stir and heat for additional 30 to 60 seconds until thoroughly heated.
The possibilities are endless for this savory and versatile sauce. The imagination of the chef leads to their success. Old World Foods has seen their Paprikas Specialty Sauce used in a variety of ways, including:
- Main Dish – Traditionally served with chicken and dumplings for authentic Hungarian Paprikas. Alternatively served with veal, beef, or Swedish meatballs. Also can be used to make a delicious chicken pot pie by combining sauce with deboned rotisserie chicken and frozen vegetables.
- Creative Alternatives - Create delicious snacks or side dishes with sauce poured over rice, noodles and even broccoli or cauliflower. Use as a gravy for mashed potatoes.
- Breakfast, Dessert – Sauce for eggs benedict, breakfast skillets, and omelets. Substitute for sausage gravy over country biscuits.
- Appetizer - Makes a great appetizer dip when used with French fries, baby potato pancakes, tater tots, dipping breads or breadsticks, chicken wings or nuggets, appetizer meat balls, and many other tasty options!
Makes Every Recipe Special